Planning and hosting a party is a lot of fun if you have great party theme ideas from which to choose. In doing some basic research I found the top 10 party themes, they are:
10- 1st birthday – This one doesn’t really strike me as a theme although you can play off the #1 as part of the theme. But you can also expand it to anything the birthday child loves.
9. Hawaiian – For fun summer party theme ideas I can’t think of any better one than the Hawaiian theme. It’s a casual theme with a lot of energy. Some great ideas for this theme are:
8. Elmo party – What a fun party for the little one. Several generations of children have grown up with Sesame Street and Elmo. CTW.org has lots of ideas that you can use as well as color pages and other ideas to make this party a lot of fun
7. Western theme party – Having 4 boys myself we have had our fair share of western theme parties. It’s always fun to have the kids come in cowboy gear or make receiving different gear part of the party itself.
When the kids play pin the hat on the cowboy all the little cow pokes receive a cowboy hat. The atmosphere is such a fun one with a western theme.
For the food part of the party it’s always fun to have a BBQ, if you’re looking for the full meal or make a hamburger cupcake and sugar cookie fries (if you just want to give them a treat.)
6. Princess Party – You would expect this to be one of the top party theme ideas for what little girl doesn’t dream of being a princess. The party idea that stands out for this party is having the girls come attired as their favorite princess.
Once there they can make their own Princess hat or prince scepter and adorn them with precious jewels.
Inexpensive and cool decoration ideas is to take yards of tulle bunching it up and hang it from the middle of the room. Then take four pieces and pull them to the four corners of the room making the room appear to be a grand ballroom.
5. Luau – The main difference between the beach party and is the food served. When doing a luau the food and entertainment should be similar to what you would find at a luau such as roasted pig, skewers of fruit and flame cooked veggies.
For entertainment hula dancers.
4.Disco- I have to admit that this one surprised me. Having grown up during the bad hair disco age I never thought that it would become what the “50’s” were to us — something that your kids make fun of!
That being said it’s totally understandable as to why the 70’s are a party theme. The colors and rhythm of the party are amazing. The disco ball, black lights make for easy and inexpensive décor.
3. Seasonal – Seasonal parties are probably the best attended parties. The most popular of which are Halloween and Christmas. These parties can be themes in and of them selves and the fact that we decorate for these holidays make decorating for them very easy. Or you can choose a theme from within the holiday such as a Chocolate Halloween Party for teenagers.
2. Pirate – Once again this doesn’t surprise me being the mother of 4 boys and with the renewed popularity of pirates through more recent books and movies. This like the western party can be made ever more fun just by having the crew dress like pirates or by giving them the gear as the complete and prove themselves to be good crew mates.
1.Sweet 16- I have to admit that I was very surprised that of all the party theme ideas this was number 1. The sweet 16 has replaced the debutant balls of yesteryear and is one that any girl can have and range from a very formal large gathering to small and intimate.
The top 10 party theme ideas are fun and exciting.
Source by Wendy A Bentley